Our Lady holding Jesus as He accepts flowers from the shepherd child

Our Lady holding Jesus as He accepts flowers from the shepherd child

Welcome to our intercessory prayer ministry for families, babies, little ones and those who love them.

In our prayers for families, we pray for the sanctity of all life and for vocations to marriage, the priesthood and consecrated life, which are born and nurtured in families.

The
Prayer of Entrustment to Mary was prayed for this ministry at the icon of the Madonna Salus Populi Romani (Salvation of the Roman People, Our Lady of Good Health) in the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore (Basilica of Mary Major) in Rome, Italy, in Nossa Senhora do Rosario da Fatima (Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary) in Fatima, Portugal, in Eglise du Sacre-Coeur (Sacred Heart Parish Church), the site of St. Bernadette's baptismal font, in Lourdes, France and at The National Shrine of The Divine Mercy in Stockbridge, Massachusetts at the Shrine of the Holy Innocents before Our Lady of Guadalupe and at Basilica Papale de San Pietro in Vaticano (St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City) at the Tomb of St. John Paul II in Rome, Italy and at the Basílica de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe (Basilica of the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe) in Mexico City, Mexico.

This ministry is consecrated to Jesus Christ, Wisdom Incarnate, through the hands of Mary and dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary. In our prayers to Mary, we honor and worship her Son Jesus. When He was on the Cross, He gave His Mother to John and she became our Mother as well. "Behold, your Mother." John 19:27

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
For the greater glory of God

March 16, 2019

Reflection: Have mercy on me, O God

God is rich in mercy. Ephesians 2:4

Lent is a time to repent, to turn back to the Lord, seeking forgiveness and healing. When you receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation, Jesus pours out His grace and mercy on you like the rays of light seen in this image.

Have mercy on me, O God, in Your goodness; in the greatness of Your compassion wipe out my offense. Thoroughly wash me of my guilt and of my sin, cleanse me. Psalm 51:3-4

And so it is with the image of Divine Mercy, the rays of Blood and Water flow from the Heart of Jesus into our hearts, a visual image of what happens to souls during confession.

Jesus is calling you by name. Go and receive healing, mercy, forgiveness and peace in confession. Jesus told Saint Faustina to bring her miseries, troubles and griefs to Him at the Throne of Mercy. He is waiting for you to do the same. Run and throw yourself into the arms of Jesus and let Him love you. He will pour out His healing, grace and mercy upon you.

The two rays denote Blood and Water. The pale ray stands for the Water which makes souls righteous. The red ray stand for the Blood which is the life of souls. These two rays issued forth from the depths of My tender Mercy when My agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the Cross. Happy is the one who will dwell in their shelter, for the just hand of God shall not lay hold of him. By means of this image, I shall grant many graces to souls. Diary of Saint Faustina 299, 742

O Blood and Water which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a Fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You. Jesus I trust in You.  Opening Prayer of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy

Jesus to Saint Faustina: My Mercy is greater than your sins and those of the entire world. Who can measure the extent of My Goodness? For you, I descended from heaven to earth; for you, I allowed Myself to be nailed to the Cross; for you, I let My Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of Mercy for you. Come then, with trust, to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart, Your misery has disappeared in the depths of My Mercy. Do not argue with Me about your wretchedness. You will give Me pleasure if you hand over to Me all your troubles and griefs. I shall heap upon you the treasures of My grace. Diary of Saint Faustina 1485

Jesus I trust in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment