Our Lady holding Jesus as He accepts flowers from the shepherd child

Our Lady holding Jesus as He accepts flowers from the shepherd child

Welcome to our intercessory prayer ministry for families, babies, little ones and those who love them.

In our prayers for families, we pray for the sanctity of all life and for vocations to marriage, the priesthood and consecrated life, which are born and nurtured in families.

The
Prayer of Entrustment to Mary was prayed for this ministry at the icon of the Madonna Salus Populi Romani (Salvation of the Roman People, Our Lady of Good Health) in the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore (Basilica of Mary Major) in Rome, Italy, in Nossa Senhora do Rosario da Fatima (Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary) in Fatima, Portugal, in Eglise du Sacre-Coeur (Sacred Heart Parish Church), the site of St. Bernadette's baptismal font, in Lourdes, France and at The National Shrine of The Divine Mercy in Stockbridge, Massachusetts at the Shrine of the Holy Innocents before Our Lady of Guadalupe and at Basilica Papale de San Pietro in Vaticano (St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City) at the Tomb of St. John Paul II in Rome, Italy and at the Basílica de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe (Basilica of the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe) in Mexico City, Mexico.

This ministry is consecrated to Jesus Christ, Wisdom Incarnate, through the hands of Mary and dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary. In our prayers to Mary, we honor and worship her Son Jesus. When He was on the Cross, He gave His Mother to John and she became our Mother as well. "Behold, your Mother." John 19:27

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
For the greater glory of God

July 06, 2014

Reflection: Come to me all you who labor and are burdened and I will give you rest...

At that time Jesus exclaimed:  “I give praise to You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although You have hidden these things from the wise and the learned You have revealed them to little ones. Yes, Father, such has been Your gracious will. All things have been handed over to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal Him.  Come to Me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and You will find rest for yourselves.  For My yoke is easy, and My burden light." Matthew 11:25-30

The Lord is calling you to come to Him and rest.  It is He who invites you to come and be still and rest with Him.  He knows your weariness and your burdens.  Come, just as you are, with your anxieties, worries, fears, frustrations, struggles and needs.  He wants to give you rest.  God is seeking you.  He is gazing at you because He loves you so much.  Let Him embrace you in His arms.  "God is love." 1 John 4:8  

Ask God to send the Holy Spirit that Jesus may come into your heart.  When you call the Holy Spirit, He will rush to you.  Call him now and feel the Father's love pour into your heart, like a river of peace.  The Father's love is healing you, sanctifying you and transforming you.

"I will espouse you to me forever: I will espouse you in right and in justice, in love and in mercy; I will espouse you in fidelity, and you shall know the Lord."  Hosea 2:21-22

Like a small child who has been hurt, run to the loving embrace of your Father.  Turn to your Father, in confident trust, "Abba Father, come to me."  Spend some time in silence listening to Him.  It takes only a moment for God to come into your heart.  Let Him rest there in your heart,  You are His beloved child.

A dear friend shared this quiet meditation with me:

Psalm 46:10
Be still and know that I am God
Be still and know that I am
Be still and know that I
Be still and know
Be still and
Be still
Be

God is waiting for you.  His heart is overflowing with love for you, a love that will bring rest and peace to your soul.  God is waiting for you to speak freely to Him.  Reveal to Him the desires and secrets of your heart.  He knows you intimately and He loves you.  Speak to Him like a little child and He will reveal His love to you.

"The Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as a person speaks to a friend.  Moses would then return to the camp, but his young assistant Joshua, son of Nun, never left the camp.  Moses said to the Lord, 'See You are telling me: Lead this people but You have not let me know whom You will send with me.  Yet You have said: You are my intimate friend.  You have found favor with me, Now, if I have found favor with You, please let me know Your ways so that, in knowing You, I may continue to find favor with You.  See, this nation is indeed Your own people.'  The Lord answered: "I myself will go along, to give you rest."  Exodus 33:11-14

Come away with the Lord and rest awhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment