Our Lady holding Jesus as He accepts flowers from the shepherd child

Our Lady holding Jesus as He accepts flowers from the shepherd child

Welcome to our intercessory prayer ministry for families, babies, little ones and those who love them.

In our prayers for families, we pray for the sanctity of all life and for vocations to marriage, the priesthood and consecrated life, which are born and nurtured in families.

The
Prayer of Entrustment to Mary was prayed for this ministry at the icon of the Madonna Salus Populi Romani (Salvation of the Roman People, Our Lady of Good Health) in the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore (Basilica of Mary Major) in Rome, Italy, in Nossa Senhora do Rosario da Fatima (Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary) in Fatima, Portugal, in Eglise du Sacre-Coeur (Sacred Heart Parish Church), the site of St. Bernadette's baptismal font, in Lourdes, France and at The National Shrine of The Divine Mercy in Stockbridge, Massachusetts at the Shrine of the Holy Innocents before Our Lady of Guadalupe and at Basilica Papale de San Pietro in Vaticano (St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City) at the Tomb of St. John Paul II in Rome, Italy and at the Basílica de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe (Basilica of the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe) in Mexico City, Mexico.

This ministry is consecrated to Jesus Christ, Wisdom Incarnate, through the hands of Mary and dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary. In our prayers to Mary, we honor and worship her Son Jesus. When He was on the Cross, He gave His Mother to John and she became our Mother as well. "Behold, your Mother." John 19:27

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
For the greater glory of God

January 04, 2015

Reflection: The Epiphany...Follow the star...Into the Light...O Come let us adore Him

The Feast of the Epiphany has special meaning to me.  A little baby lying in a manger in a stable in Bethlehem came into my heart and filled me with great joy.  

"And behold,the star which was seen in the East went before them, til it came to rest over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy, and going into the house they saw the child with Mary, His Mother, and they fell down and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered Him gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh."  Matthew 2:9-12 

God made known the light in a star.  When I meditated on this Scripture, I placed myself at the stable.  Mary was holding the baby Jesus and Joseph looked over them protectively. Light flooded the place where the Holy Family was.  Mary and Joseph gazed at the Baby Jesus.  I drew close to the Baby and touched Him.  He gazed at me and love came from Him into my heart.

O Holy Night, the Star is brightly shining.  It is the night of our dear Savior's birth.

Have you ever made a journey when you were guided by light?  I recall a time in July 2006 when light guided my path in a most beautiful way.  I was on my first pilgrimage to Medjugorje. Our Lady called me there.  I heard her call through Eucharistic Adoration and praying the Rosary. There were so many miracles of grace there for me.  One evening, we planned to climb Cross Mountain.  We began our journey at 10:00 PM in hopes that we would reach the top of the mountain to see the sunrise.  It was very warm during the day so climbing the mountain during the night was easier.  However, the path to climb the mountain is covered with jagged rocks.  If I had seen the rugged path during the daytime, I may have thought I could not do it.  Since it was nighttime, we could not see what was ahead of us. We brought flashlights to guide our footsteps and we could only see in front of us, one step at a time.  I made the journey up the mountain in prayer for all the intentions I had brought with me. When we reached the top of the mountain, we saw the most glorious sunrise. When I think about the light on this journey, I think about the flashlight that guided my steps and the sunlight that shined over the horizon as morning broke.  

"In the tender compassion of our God, the dawn from on high shall break upon us, to shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death, and to guide our feet into the way of peace."  Luke 1:78-79  Canticle of Zacharias            

Jesus calls me into the light during the silence of Eucharistic Adoration.  It is there, in His Presence, where He pours His love and light into my heart. He speaks to me and He comes to me in the silence of prayer...

Today as we celebrate the Epiphany, let us make a journey to Jesus with the three Kings.  How do we know where to find the Baby Jesus?  We follow the light of the star, along with the three Kings, who were carrying treasures for the Baby.   

O Holy Night, the Star is brightly shining.  It is the night of our dear Savior's birth.

In the stable, I am seated by the Baby Jesus.  As the three Kings entered, they rejoiced and fell down and worshiped Him. They lay their treasure before Him.  I fell down and worshiped the Baby Jesus too.  "I want to be close to You, Jesus.  I give You my heart."  His little hands stretched out to me and I touched them. Love and warmth came rushing to me and filled my heart. 

Jesus, the Light of the World, is calling you to draw close to Him.  He desires to shine His light upon you. On this Feast Day of the Epiphany, let us gaze at the Baby Jesus. He is calling you to an intimate encounter with Him.  When Jesus comes into your heart, your life is changed forever by His love.  He is calling you, "Come to Me and I will give you rest."   

"I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows Me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.  John 8:12  

O come let us adore Him, Christ, the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment