Our Lady holding Jesus as He accepts flowers from the shepherd child

Our Lady holding Jesus as He accepts flowers from the shepherd child

Welcome to our intercessory prayer ministry for families, babies, little ones and those who love them.

In our prayers for families, we pray for the sanctity of all life and for vocations to marriage, the priesthood and consecrated life, which are born and nurtured in families.

The
Prayer of Entrustment to Mary was prayed for this ministry at the icon of the Madonna Salus Populi Romani (Salvation of the Roman People, Our Lady of Good Health) in the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore (Basilica of Mary Major) in Rome, Italy, in Nossa Senhora do Rosario da Fatima (Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary) in Fatima, Portugal, in Eglise du Sacre-Coeur (Sacred Heart Parish Church), the site of St. Bernadette's baptismal font, in Lourdes, France and at The National Shrine of The Divine Mercy in Stockbridge, Massachusetts at the Shrine of the Holy Innocents before Our Lady of Guadalupe and at Basilica Papale de San Pietro in Vaticano (St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City) at the Tomb of St. John Paul II in Rome, Italy and at the Basílica de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe (Basilica of the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe) in Mexico City, Mexico.

This ministry is consecrated to Jesus Christ, Wisdom Incarnate, through the hands of Mary and dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary. In our prayers to Mary, we honor and worship her Son Jesus. When He was on the Cross, He gave His Mother to John and she became our Mother as well. "Behold, your Mother." John 19:27

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
For the greater glory of God

December 24, 2015

Reflection: All I want for Christmas...

A message below was written by a priest of what he would like for Christmas.  He would like ALL of his flock to come home.  As John 10:10 prayer partners, we pray for so many people to come home to the Lord, the people we receive prayer intentions for and the people who are most dear to us.  Today and tomorrow, many people will come to Christmas Mass who never practice their faith any other time.  Let us pray for all those who come and for all who stay away.  Let us ask the Baby Jesus to reach out His little hands and touch their hearts that they will know, without a doubt, how much He loves them.  Jesus performs miracles in our midst.  As we gaze at the Baby Jesus in the creche, let us place all the desires of our hearts in his little hands, trusting that He will hear and answer our prayers during this Jubilee Year of Mercy. 


By Fr. Bill Peckman

Every year, when I was a kid, my siblings and I would ask mom and dad what they wanted for Christmas. They always said the same thing: we want you kids to quit fighting and get along. It was always something that couldn't be conveniently wrapped and placed under a tree. Truth be told, aren't those always the best gifts?
So, in that spirit, here's what I would like for Christmas: For all my flock home. All of them. The good and the bad. Those who makes mistakes, even big ones. I want more than just their presence in a pew, though. I want them to believe. I want them to desire the forgiveness and mercy of God offered through Confession. I want them to no longer feel compelled to carry the weight and burden of their sins when we have such a conduit of grace to give them respite.
I want them to believe that God does make Himself present in our lives. That He does make Himself truly present in the Eucharist. I want them to understand that God so wants to make Himself present in our lives, that He comes through the Blessed Sacrament. I want them to understand this and believe it so profoundly, that they would no more willingly miss Mass than they would slice off an appendage.
I want my flock to thirst for knowledge about their faith. I want them to avail themselves of the opportunities we offer. I want them to believe and Love Jesus Christ. I want them to be excited witnesses to His goodness. I want them to engage in faith and prayer. I want them to be agents of God's mercy in all things to all people.
I want all of this because I want my entire flock, my family, and friends to be in heaven. I know that heaven isn't a guarantee. I know that we make the choice for eternal relationship with God by how we engage in that relationship with Him AND His people here and now. I know it comes from not compromising with sin.
O Holy Family, pray for us and for all those who are far from you and draw them into the little stable in Bethlehem where the Light of the World will shine upon them. Jesus we trust in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment